Saturday, March 14, 2009

Vice President Nominee: Heather McGarity



Classification: Senior

I am currently a member of the Geoscience Society and have been for the past year. I am also the treasurer of the geoscience honors society, Sigma Gamma Epsilon. As a vice president I will be responsible for planning events. I plan on continuing the bowling nights since they are a big success. I also would like to see the Geoscience Society become more involved with other societies such as the Society of Petroleum Engineers. I am currently a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers, and I would like to start planning tailgates with this society during football games. I believe that since I am currently a member of both I will have an easier time mediating between the two societies. Another major plan for the geosciences society is to have fund raisers like the baseball field clean up and the pancake festival. These would help raise money to take trips and have fun events like the ones we have had in the previous year. As a vice president, I will work my hard and put the Geoscience Society as a priority. Wreck ‘em Tech!

No comments:

Post a Comment